The DC Department of Human Resources offers a complete online course catalog and a summary of training programs. View the 2014 Course Catalog.
Employee Assistance Program
The District government offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit for employees and their dependents. The EAP provides confidential assessment, referral and short-term counseling for employees who need or request it. Confidentiality is assured. No information regarding the nature of the personal problem will be made available to the supervisors nor will it be included in the permanent personnel file.
Employees can access the EAP through self-referral or through referral by a supervisor. If an EAP referral to a treatment provider outside the EAP is necessary, costs may be covered by the employee's medical insurance, but the cost of such outside services are the employee's responsibility.
Where to Find Help
If you or someone you know has a problem with alcohol or other drugs, please call 1 (800) 346-0110 for the District's Employee Assistance Program Hotline through Inova, Inc. Again, all calls are confidential.
Below are other important resources for help and information on addicition and other issues you or someone you know may be facing.
Inova Employee Assistance Program
Helping Parents Help Children Cope with Violence & Disasters
- Department of Health’s Tobacco Control 1-800-Quit-Now (784-8669)
- Substance Abuse Treatment Locator: 1 (800) 662-HELP
- Al-Anon/Alateen: 1 (888) 4AL-ANON
- American Council on Alcoholism: 1 (800) 527-5344
- Cocaine Anonymous: 1 (800) 347-8998
- Nar-Anon: 1 (800) 477-6291
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Hopeline: 1 (800) NCA-CALL