Sponsored by Cigna, the 2018 DC Government Employee Smile Challenge runs Monday, August 27 through Friday, October 5. The Smile Challenge is an agency-wide online wellness program and competition designed to engage employees in dental health and encourage healthy dental habits.
Registration for the 2018 Smile Challenge began Monday, August 20 ended Friday, August 31.
How to Participate
Employees will keep track of five healthy dental habits:
- Did you brush your teeth? You earn one point each time you brush your teeth (three points per day max).
- Did you floss? You earn one point each time you floss (two points per day max).
- Did you use mouthwash? You earn one point each day that you use mouthwash (two points per day max).
- Did you avoid high-sugar foods and drinks? You earn one point each day that you avoid high-sugar foods and drinks.
- Did you read Cigna’s Dental Tip? Read Cigna’s weekly dental tip to earn 10 bonus points each week. When complete, slide the switch to green and click "log it."
To log points, simply use the trackers on the home page when you log in or on the EWH app. It's that easy!
Employees will score points for practicing healthy dental habits and those who complete the challenge will receive the following incentives:
- The top overall point earner wins a Sonicare Diamond Clean Sonic Toothbrush.
- The top overall agency in terms of points wins lunch for up to 25 people provided by Chop't (or a similar).
- First 100 registered will be entered into a drawing for one of three Philips AirFloss Ultra.
- Everyone who participates each week will be entered into a drawing for one of two teeth whitening kits and one of two $50 American Express gift cards.
- Employees must track items each week to qualify for the prizes.
- The honor system will be used to track your healthy habits. Please participate with integrity!
- Employees can track activities up to seven days in the past. Entries beyond seven days in the past will be flagged for review and may be removed.
- A third-party organization will monitor the entries and review any that might be inaccurate.
- Please be sure that you register under your agency, so you can help your agency win the overall agency prize.
- A minimum of five employees are required to participate to qualify for the top agency award. Points are based on the highest average per agency member.