Sponsored by Cigna, the 2019 DC Government Employee Smile Challenge runs Monday, August 26 through Friday, October 4. The Smile Challenge is an agency-wide online wellness program and competition designed to engage employees in dental health and encourage healthy dental habits.
Registration for the 2019 Smile Challenge begins Monday, August 19 and ends Friday, August 30.
How to Participate
Employees will keep track of five healthy dental habits:
- Did you brush your teeth? You earn 1 point each time you brush your teeth (3 points/day max).
- Did you floss? You earn 1 point each time you floss (2 points/day max).
- Did you use mouthwash? You earn 1 point each day that you use mouthwash (2 points/day max).
- Did you avoid high-sugar foods and drinks? You earn 1 point each day that you avoid high-sugar foods and drinks.
- Did you read Cigna’s Dental Tip? Read Cigna’s weekly dental tip to earn 10 bonus points each week. When complete, slide the switch to green and click "log it."
In addition, employees may earn one-time bonus points for the following activities:
- Register or get registered for myCigna: 5 points
- Submit a selfie of you brushing or flossing your teeth: 10 points
- Submit a selfie of your family brushing or flossing together: 5 points
- Submit your Explanation of Benefits from a dental cleaning between October 5, 2018 to October 1, 2019: 25 points
To log points, simply use the trackers on the home page when you log in or on the EWH app. It's that easy!
Employees will score points for practicing healthy dental habits and those who complete the challenge will receive the following incentives:
- The top overall point earner wins a Sonicare Diamond Clean Sonic Toothbrush.
- The top overall agency in terms of points wins a healthy lunch for up to 25 employees.
- First 100 registered will be entered into a drawing for one of three Philips AirFloss Ultra.
- Everyone who participates each week will be entered into a drawing for one of two teeth whitening kits and one of two $50 American Express gift cards.
- Employees must track items each week to qualify for the prizes.
- The honor system will be used to track your healthy habits. Please participate with integrity!
- Employees can track activities up to seven days in the past. Entries beyond seven days in the past will be flagged for review and may be removed.
- A third-party organization will monitor the entries and review any that might be inaccurate.
- Please be sure that you register under your agency, so you can help your agency win the overall agency prize.
- A minimum of five employees are required to participate to qualify for the top agency award. Points are based on the highest average per agency member.