With flu season approaching, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends an annual flu vaccine as the best way to reduce the chances that you will get seasonal flu and spread it to others. In partnership with health care vendors, DCHR will host free flu shot clinics for employees at nine locations October 9-25. Please see below for clinic details.
Registration closed Friday, September 28. Need to change or cancel your reservation? Please review our FAQs.
Please Note: You may still attend the flu shot clinics as a walk-in. Please understand that shots will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis and preference will be given to those who registered in advance.
|Tues., October 9||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
One Judiciary Square
441 4th Street, NW WDC 20001
|Old Council Chambers|
|Weds., October 10||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
DC Office of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs
1100 4th Street, SW WDC 20024
|Thurs., October 11||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
Department of Health
899 North Capitol Street, NE WDC 20002
|4th Floor, Room 406/407|
|Tues., October 16||2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.||
DC Public Schools
1200 First Street, NE WDC 20002
|10th Floor, Room 1012A|
|Weds., October 17||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
John A. Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW WDC 20004
|Ground Floor, Main Hallway|
|Thurs., October 18||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
Department of Employment Services
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE, WDC 20019
|Tues., October 23||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
Frank D. Reeves Center
2000 14th Street, NW WDC 20009
|2nd Floor, Community Room|
|Weds., October 24||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
Department of Human Services
64 New York Avenue, NE, WDC 20002
|6th Floor, Hoteling Suite
|Thurs., October 25||10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.||
Child & Family Services Agency
200 I Street, SE WDC 20003
To ensure the best possible experience for yourself and your colleagues, please note the following:
- There are no set appointment times. Flu shots will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis over the duration of the clinic; however, we are well stocked and anticipate no issues.
- Bring your employee ID and medical insurance ID card; flu shots are available only to DC Government employees and contractors. We regret that we cannot offer flu shots to employees’ families, etc.; however, we encourage you to reach out to your health care-benefits and/or health care provider to inquire about how you can obtain flu shots for your family. Contact information can be found on your insurance card and here.
Please make sure you wear clothing that is appropriate for receiving a flu shot. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that privacy screens will be available at each location. To ensure a hassle-free experience, we strongly suggest you wear clothes with sleeves that can be easily pushed back, rolled up, removed, etc. or bring a t-shirt, etc. to change into for your shot.
- Please be prepared for a brief wait, especially if you participate over peak break times, i.e. lunch time. Clinics will be well stocked and staffed, so we do not anticipate significant wait times; however, if you are short on time, we suggest planning accordingly.
- If you need to change your registration: If you need to update or change your registration before registration closes, you will need to resubmit your registration via the online form. Only the most recent duplicate entries will be counted. If you need to update or change your registration after registration closes, you are welcome to attend another clinic at your convenience. Walk-ins may be accommodated as space and time permits; however, preference will be given to employees who registered in advance.
- If you need to cancel your registration: If you need to cancel your reservation, there is no need to notify DCHR. We’ve accounted for a number of “no-shows,” so it is acceptable to not show up.
- If you did not register: If you did not register, you may still attend the flu shot clinics as a walk-in. Please understand that shots will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis and preference will be given to those who registered in advance.