Important things to consider in the process of applying to the Capital City Fellows Program (CCFP):
- You MUST complete the application in one session. You cannot save an incomplete application.
- Review the application process and gather all four resources (Professional Resume, Recommendation Letters (one professional and one academic), and Unofficial Transcript) you will need to successfully complete the application. You must answer all questions and follow the directions as explained within the application.
- The questions and the essays must be well thought-out and written. You are expected to write a minimum of 500 words for each. These writing exercises will be evaluated for judgment, grammar, and clarity of argument and thought. You should use font 11 or 12 single space. It is recommended that you write all your writing samples aforementioned in a Word document. Once you have reviewed, edited and proofed them; you should upload your Essays into the application along wiith your other four (4) documents.
- The application will be deemed incomplete if any field is empty and/or not fully answered. The application will also be deemed incomplete and not acceptable if any of the four attachments and Essays are missing.
Attachments – you must upload the following attachments in order for your application to be complete:
- Complete your essay questions in Microsoft Word first; then upload in your application.
- Why do you want to be a Capital City Fellows? (500 words minimum)
- What is the most critical issues faced by the Government of the District of Columbia and how should government address it? (500 words minimum)
- Please give an example of a time in your personal life, professional career or educational experience when you were required to complete a significant task with insufficient resources and/or direction. How did you handle the situation? (500 words minimum)
- Upload your resume in your application.
- Upload unofficial transcript in your application (an official transcript will be requested if you are selected for an interview).
- Upload your recommendation letters (one professional and one academic) in your application. In each recommendation letter, please ask the recommender to include the following information: name, company, title, and contact information (phone number and email address). Please also ask the recommender to sign at the bottom of the letter.
- Preference will be given to District Residents. You must be able to meet the Domicile Requirements at time of selection .
If you experience difficulty with the application, please dial 202-442-9624.
|December 20, 2017||Application Deadline|
|December 29, 2017||Interview Notification Date - Candidates will be informed via email if they have been selected for the interviews in January 2018.|
|January 3-5, 2018||Interviews - Candidates will be assigned to attend an all-day interview session. Interviews will consist of an individual interview, a group exercise and a writing assessment. Candidates attend at their own expense.|
|January 19, 2018||Selection Notification Date - Candidates will be informed via email if they have been selected, wait-listed or denied admission to the program.|
|January 24, 2018||Meet & Greet (one date will be determined during this week). Selected candidates must attend the Meet & Greet.|
|February 5, 2018||Official start date for Capital City Fellows. If you have been selected, this date is not negotiable. However, candidates from the wait list may be asked to start on other dates as vacancies arise.|