Your health and safety are of paramount concern to the District Government. Click for additional information on how you can reduce the risk of COVID-19 for yourself, your co-workers, the residents you serve, and your family. Employees can also feel free to contact the Department of Human Resources for questions on employment, leave, travel, healthcare, telework, and requirements for essential and emergency employees.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve globally and in the United States. In the past few days, the number of countries reporting infection increased with sustained transmission occurring not only in China, but also South Korea, Italy, Iran and Japan. In the U.S., community acquired infections and deaths occurred in the states of Washington, California, Oregon, and New York. In the District, we have 4 presumptive positive results of COVID – 19.
While the risk of contracting the virus at this time remains low to the general public, your health and safety are of paramount concern to the District Government. For this reason, we wanted to share additional information on how you can reduce the risk of COVID-19 for yourself, your co-workers, the residents you serve, and your family. You can find additional information at https://coronavirus.dc.gov. Also, enclosed is a fact sheet that contains frequently asked questions and other useful information.
We also wanted you to be aware of the following HR Policies that we have implemented to help keep you, your colleagues and the residents you serve safe:
- Employees must notify your supervisor and comply with CDC guidelines to self-quarantine after any foreign travel in the past 14 days to any country designated by the CDC as Level 2 or above as articulated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Employees must notify your supervisor and stay home from work if you are sick by utilizing appropriate leave or telework flexibilities.
- Employees must comply fully with any recommendations from a physician or public health agency to self-quarantine as a result of the COVID-19 virus.
- Administrative Leave will be granted to cover an absence for employees who are quarantined or who have a legitimate basis to self-quarantine as a result of the COVID-19, and who can otherwise not telework, with medical support.
- Non-essential work travel outside of the region is suspended, effective immediately.
- DCHR is developing a District-wide telework policy for our COVID-19 response. In the meantime, consult your supervisor on current telework policies.
Please see the HR Issuance Number: 2020-6, for more information on these and other human resource and workplace policies in place reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Several other documents exist that you should become familiar with regarding COVID19. These documents are:
- Mayor’s Order 2020-035, Dated February 28, 2020 “District Government Preparations for the Coronavirus (COVID-19)”
- March 2, 2020 Memorandum to Employees “Coronavirus Update”
Employees can also feel free to contact the Department of Human Resources at [email protected] or (202) 442-9700 for information about COVID-19 as it relates to employment, leave, travel, healthcare, telework, and requirements for essential and emergency employees. Please click here for our frequently asked questions.