Board of Ethics and Government Accountability
Post-Employment Training After you Leave Government - Ethics
Learn what former DC Government employees are ethically prohibited from doing after leaving a government position.
- Negotiating for a new job while you are still with the District Government.
After you leave your District Government job:
- Who you can and cannot work for;
- What you are permitted to do;
- Prohibitions and restrictions on communicating with your former government colleagues; and
- Identifying matters from which you are permanently barred
- Lifetime ethics advice and guidance from BEGA
- Federal and BEGA penalties for violations
For scheduled training dates, please visit PeopleSoft Employee Self Service (https://ess.dc.gov > Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment > Search by Course Name).
For ethics advice, contact BEGA at (202) 481-3411 , BEGA Hotline (202) 535-1002 or visit the website at www.bega-dc.gov.