- All DC Gov’t employees will pay DC Residents tuition no matter if they reside in the district or not.
The University of the District of Columbia offers affordable and a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs for all residents of the District of Columbia and beyond.
Mission: The University of the District of Columbia is a pacesetter in urban education that offers affordable and effective undergraduate, graduate, professional, and workplace learning opportunities. The institution is the premier gateway to postsecondary education and research for all residents of the District of Columbia. As a public, historically black, and land-grant institution, the University’s responsibility is to build a diverse generation of competitive, civically engaged scholars and leaders.
Vision: To be a University System that is student centered and demand driven that empowers its graduates to be critical and creative thinkers, problem solvers, effective communicators, and engaged, service-driven leaders in the workforce and beyond.
Southern New Hampshire University – Global Campus
Contact Person: Derilene McCloud
Director of Strategic Partnership & Workforce Partnerships
Email: [email protected]
Partner Webpage: https://www.snhu.edu/dc
Family Member site: www.snhu.edu/family6
- 10% tuition discounts
- Tuition discounts apply to District of Columbia employees, spouses, and domestic partners
- Proven track record with DC Gov’t Employees
- 24/7 Student Support through the writing and math centers
The District of Columbia Government has partnered with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) to offer employees affordable access to education. SNHU is an international traditional online university. We offer 10% tuition reduction, for both undergraduate, $863 per class and graduate, $1,693 per class. Students have online access 24/7.
Founded in 1932, Southern New Hampshire University is a nonprofit, accredited institution serving online students around the world, as well as on our campus in New Hampshire. Since its inception, SNHU has become in international university, offering over 200+ associate's, certificate’s, bachelor’s, and master's degrees in fields such as public administration, social work, IT & cybersecurity, accounting, business, nursing, and many more.
SNHU offers some of the lowest tuition rates in the country, with several financial aid options to help you meet the cost of a university education.
Flexibility: Choose the program that fits your education and career needs.
Contact Person: Dr. Mack Chapman
Email: [email protected]
Partner Webpage: info.waldenu.edu
• 10% tuition reduction for District Government employees Walden University has partnered with the District of Columbia Government to help busy, working professionals achieve higher levels of success.
District Government employees bring a lifetime of experiences and knowledge to the classroom-from work and on-the-job training, volunteering, and military service to previous academic or professional development courses and independent study. At Walden, we value that knowledge and are committed to helping DCG Employees earn credit for what you already know. Walden University allows DCG Employees to transfer up to 75% of the credits needed to their bachelor's degree and 50% to their master's degree. Allowing DCG Employees to save Time and Money.
A representative will be available monthly on site to discuss Walden's suite of online degree programs, which inspire both personal and professional growth. Walden University offers more than 200 Programs. Visit: https://partner.waldenu.edu/dcg
- 10% Tuition discount
- Waived Experiential Learning Program (ELP) fees
- Evaluation of work/life experience for college credit
Strayer University is proud to serve District of Columbia employees and their immediate family members through our education partnership program. As a DC Government employee, you and eligible immediate family members will receive a 10% tuition discount along with other benefits
Our partnership also offers an evaluation of work/life experience for college credit at no charge, dedicated enrollment support, waived ELP fees, flexible class schedules and 24/7 on-line course, an Admissions Officer assigned to each individual to assist with applicant's own specific questions and needs, as well as Benefits Available to immediate family members
Are you a Strayer University Alumni? Give the gift of education by referring a friend or family member. With our Alumni Referral Scholarship, a qualifying referral is eligible to receive 25% off tuition* at Strayer. Take advantage of this opportunity for any of our bachelor’s or master’s programs.
Contact Person: Lisa Romano-Arnold – 202.510.1498 – [email protected]
Call us today to get started! 844-843-9296
Partner Webpage: http://www.excelsior.edu/web/partners/dc-department-of-human-resources
- 10% discount generally
- Tuition discounts (rates vary depending on program) for employees, spouses and domestic partners of DC Government employees
- Special pricing for active-duty military and veteran
Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, nonprofit distance learning institution founded in 1971 focused on providing educational opportunities to adult learners.
As a fully on-line college, Excelsior is an educational provider with DCHR offering associate's, bachelor’s, and master's degrees in fields such as cybersecurity, national security, accounting, business, public administration, nursing, and more. Employees and spouses/domestic partners of DCHR can enjoy tuition and fee savings at Excelsior College.
Excelsior offers innovative transfer credit policies allowing students to maximize previously earned college credits towards a degree at Excelsior College. DCHR employees can transfer up to 117 credits towards a bachelor's degree, 57 credits towards an associate’s degree, or up to 12 credits for master's programs. This saves employees time and money by applying credits already earned from other college institutions, workplace training, military experience, and industry certifications.
University of Maryland Global Campus
- 25% discount on out-of-state tuition for DC Government employees, spouses and dependents
If you're a DC Government employee, or the spouse or legal dependent of an employee, you can save 25%* on out-of-state tuition for most programs at University of Maryland Global Campus, thanks to our alliance with the DC Government. Plus, new students can save $50 when they apply to UMGC with our application fee waiver.
As a member of the University System of Maryland, UMGC is regionally accredited and adheres to the standards set by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Classes are taught by knowledgeable faculty, many of whom bring industry experience and real-world perspectives. Our curriculum is designed so what you're learning can be applied right away on the job, helping you to build your professional value from your very first class. The skills, knowledge, and confidence you develop throughout your studies can help you to stand out in the competitive job market, expand your career options, and achieve more financial security.
Catholic University of America - Metropolitan School of Professional Studies
Administrator: Vincent Kiernan, Ph.D. – Dean -- 202-319-6260 E-mail: [email protected]
Resource: Joe McDonald – 202.319.6667 – [email protected]
Primary Contact: Lashay Long – 202.319.6376 – [email protected]
Partner Webpage: http://metro.catholic.edu/
- 10% tuition reduction for District of Columbia Government employees in certain disciplines
The Catholic University of America Metropolitan School of Professional Studies (MSPS) is dedicated to helping non-traditional, adult learners achieve their academic and professional goals within a framework of ethical leadership and service to their community. Our diverse school includes students, faculty and staff from the greater Washington D.C. area and around the world who represent several ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds. We offer a wide range of degree programs, from Certificate, Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, developed especially for adult students.
Our flexible class schedule is created to foster a healthy combination of school, work, and life responsibilities, focused on our students’ success. You can choose a combination of evening on-campus or online and accelerated classes that accommodate the needs of busy professionals. Each of our students receives individual attention from an advisor, and we offer a full complement of scholarships, student services, financial assistance resources, and career-building opportunities. To us, you are not one of one-hundred, you are ONE of ONE.
The Metropolitan School of Professional Studies is one of the 12 schools of The Catholic University of America, and located on campus directly adjacent to the Catholic University/Brookland Metro stop on the Red Line – 18 minutes from Union Station and downtown. All degree programs are immediately relevant, as studies can be applied in your professional settings the next day. We encourage you to "Learn today what you can apply tomorrow" by earning a professional degree at The Catholic University of America.
University of Phoenix
As an employee of Government of the District of Columbia, you may be eligible to save time and money on a degree:
- For every 5 courses you complete, get 1 course free
- Pay $0 in resource fees (electronic course material fees and books) for two courses each year
University of Phoenix helps working adults move efficiently from education to careers in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, relevant and engaging courses, and interactive learning can help students more effectively pursue career aspirations while balancing their busy lives. University of Phoenix includes seven specialized, career-focused colleges, with over 100 degree and certificate options. We have been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org) and its predecessor since 1978, which means our programs meet rigorous academic standards.
Trinity Washington University
Contact Person: Primary Contact: Sarah Prince–
Email: [email protected]
Other Contact: Mark Murphy, Enrollment Recruiter
Email: [email protected]
Partner Webpage: https://discover.trinitydc.edu/admissions/
- 10% discount on tuition and fees in certain disciplines for employees and their spouses or registered domestic partners
- Waived application fee, military-friendly,etc
- All programs in Trinity's School of Professional Studies. These programs include:
- Associate of Arts at THEARC
- Accounting (B.S.)
- Business Administration (B.S.)
- Business Admin with Human Resource Management (B.S.) Criminal Justice (B.A.) Early Childhood Education (A.A.) Early Childhood Education (B.A.) General Studies (B.A.) Health Services (B.A.) Human Relations (B.A.) Journalism and Media Studies (B.A.) Psychology (B.A.)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A), Master of Science in Administration (M.SA.) and Strategic Communication and Public Relations (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T) Master of Science in Administration School Leadership (M.S.A.) Master of Education-Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.)
- Post-Master’s Counseling, School Counseling, M.A and Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing quality, convenient and affordable educational options for District of Columbia Government employees.
The School of Professional Studies at Trinity specializes in innovative business, education, and liberal arts programs at the undergraduate and graduate level that are designed for students who seek to advance their career or make a career change. Trinity offers flexible evening and weekend classes and accelerated degree programs with eight-week classes to accommodate busy students balancing school, career and family. Programs are offered on campus and in a hybrid format. Trinity's locations are also convenient: Trinity's main campus is on the Red Line, just minutes from downtown D.C. and Capitol Hill; Trinity at THEARC in southeast D.C. is on the Green Line and close to communities and employers in Maryland. Trinity is the only university to offer college degrees East of the River. Trinity's tuition is among the very lowest of private colleges and universities in the Washington area, and Trinity's Financial Aid staff will work with you every step of the way.Most students in the School of Professional Studies have taken several courses at one or more colleges and universities over the years. Like you, they are ready to finally complete their college degrees. The staff in Admissions and the School of Professional Studies streamline that process, from transferring college credits to advising students on the courses to take to finish their degrees. If you are just starting your degree, Trinity is a great place to begin your journey!
University of the Potomac
Partner Webpage: https://potomac.edu/
- 10% Tuition discount for employees, spouses, dependents and domestic partners of DC Government employees for all degree programs
- Undergraduate: $240 per credit hour
- Graduate: $450 per credit hour
- Doctoral: $1,776 per class
- Waived application fee
- Your local Washington D.C. University
- Offer both online and hybrid classes at both our D.C. and Tysons Corner locations
- Financial Aid, Scholarships and Veterans Assistance available.
At University of the Potomac, our goal is to educate our students by arming them with the theoretical and practical mastery needed in today’s competitive workplace. We are deeply committed to an education that can best be described as affordable excellence. We have an accessible faculty dedicated to teaching and an educational model that encourages real-world experiences. Most of all, we are committed to helping our students not just enter college but graduate from college.
Our small, progressive school offers hands-on personal attention to meet our busy student’s needs. We offer the convenience of time, location and program pace to help you balance your life with your education. But the aspect we are most proud of is the “human” approach to education we practice here at University of the Potomac. You will not be just another student. We thrive on getting to know our students on a personal level and using the power of education to transform the lives of students as they pursue their professional goals – regardless of their starting point. We know you want to do this – for yourself, for your family, and for the respect, you will feel and earn from others with a college degree. My commitment to you is that University of the Potomac can help you get there.
- Tuition discount – 10 – 40% degree and certificate programs
- No application fee, tuition deferral options, military-friendly, etc
- Employees and their immediate family members can share in the benefits
Information about the University:
Founded in 1891 to prepare men and women, from all walks of life, for successful careers in an emerging economy, Drexel University is a top-ranked, regionally accredited, urban research university, located in the heart of Philadelphia. Known as an academic center of excellence, entrepreneurship, and innovation, Drexel is a pioneer in technology-enhanced education for working adults.
With over 150 ONLINE degree and certificate programs online, in evolving, high-demand fields, such as:
Business | Computing and Informatics | Engineering | Law | Education | Nursing and Health Professions | and many more
Call 877.215.0009 to speak with a dedicated Drexel Enrolment Counselor or email us at [email protected]
- Tuition discounts: 25% savings, you can take advantage of our partner tuition savings to help make it more affordable to earn your degree.
- Jumpstart Complimentary Course: DeVry University, in conjunction with your organization, is offering the opportunity for team members who are new or readmit students to take a DeVry University 3-credit-hour course for academic credit at no tuition cost.2 If you decide to continue with your education, a partner tuition savings will also be available to you.*
Through our education partnership, we’re proud to help employees who want to help their families, too. The Family Education Benefits Program (FEBP) is designed to help your qualifying dependents**, including spouses, children, parents and domestic partners, make the most of tuition savings, application fee waivers, convenient online program options, and more.
- Accreditation: It matters to you, and to us. It signifies that DeVry University has met rigorous standards of quality – and it's just one of the many ways we’re committed to providing you with the education you deserve. That's why we're proud to be accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. https://www.devry.edu/about/accreditation.html
Each student is allotted 13 hours of tutoring per academic session through www.Tutor.com (available 24/7). Additional tutoring services are also available through www.DeVryTutors.com.
As a valued member of your team, you can take advantage of these DeVry University partnership benefits and pursue your personal and professional goals. Whether you’re interested in exploring a certificate program, an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree, DeVry offers a flexible learning path options to help you maintain a positive work-life-school balance.