DCHR Direct Connect hiring event on Monday, December 19, 2016 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
Clarissa M. Rucker, (202) 727-1558; [email protected]
Washington, DC: The District of Columbia’s Department of Human Resources (DCHR) announces its first of five Direct Connect hiring events to connect District residents with District government employment opportunities. On the spot job offers will be made for temporary appointments at Grades 12 and below. Contingent offers for all other positions will be made within 24 to 48 hours after the event.
Applicants will have the option of claiming additional preference if they are:
1. A District resident,
- Anyone claiming District residency preference at the time of application should bring a government-issued form of identification and proof of voter registration.
2. A veteran (and/or has disabilities from military service),
- Applicants claiming veteran’s preference should bring a copy of their DD-214.
3. Is 18 to 21 years of age and is currently or was a Child and Family Services (CFSA) foster care recipient within the last five years.
- Applicants claiming a foster care preference will need a letter or other documentation from CFSA or the Family Court of D.C. Superior Court showing that they are currently in foster care or showing the date they left court supervision.
Office of the Chief Technology Officer, Office of Unified Communications, Fire and Emergency Medical Services Agency, Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, University of the District of Columbia, and Office of Contracting and Procurement
Monday, December 19, 2016
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
One Judiciary Square
Old Council Chambers
441 4th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
*Closest Metro – Judiciary Square*