The DC Department of Human Resources offers a complete online course catalog and a summary of training programs. View the 2013 Course Catalog.
District Leadership Program - Paid Internship Opportunity
DISTRICT LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Application deadline has been extended to April 26th.
The Department of Human Resources (DCHR) challenging and rewarding 11-week internship program will provide its Interns with a unique, unsurpassed opportunity to work alongside some of the District of Columbia Government’s leading professionals and practitioners, in furtherance of the District’s strategic priorities:
- Job Creation;
- Fiscal Stability;
- Quality Education;
- Public Safety; and
The DLP is a leadership program that is designed to provide tomorrow’s leaders with the knowledge, tools, skills, and experiences that can be readily applied to their future challenges and pursuits, whether personal or professional. Our program takes a holistic approach to developing its Interns, providing a wide range of stimulating and developmental activities including, but not limited to:
- Substantive assignments in an unlimited array of functional areas related to government operations (i.e., Human Capital Management, Finance & Budgeting, Information Technology, Legal, Contracting & Procurement, Small & Local Business and Economic Development, Legislative Affairs, Health & Human Services, Education, Performance Management and Operational Risk & Compliance)
- A customized Individual Development Planning (IDP) Learning Lab & Tool Suite
- Classroom lectures and coursework on topics centered around core business services as well as other specialty topics
- Online access to web-based training and development courses
- A series of ‘Profiles in Leadership’ brown bag luncheons
- 360⁰ performance feedback for each intern
- Active engagement in community service initiatives and projects
- Guest lecturers focused on topics such as Customer Service, Priorities for the District of Columbia, and Leadership Development
- The program is eleven (11) weeks (June 3 through August 16)
To be eligible to participate in the District Leadership Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (Junior and Senior level) and graduate students currently enrolled, who are in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher at an accredited U.S. college or university. This must be supported by a recommendation letter and transcript.
- Students from all areas of academic study are welcome to apply. Recent applicants have come from degree programs and concentrations of studies in Business Administration, Communication, Human Resources, Public Administration/Affairs/Policy, Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance and Economics.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To apply, go to the following URL