This program will be a hybrid. Based on the agency that will host an intern, it can be 100% in person, 100% virtual, or a hybrid of in person and virtual. The hours remain the same.
Timeline: Application opens February 28, 2022 & closes April 22, 2022
Dates: June 6, 2022 to August 26, 2022
Hours: 40 hours per week between the hours of 7 am to 6 pm
Required Essay: Well written essay to address three specific questions below, double space, 1000 words using the Microsoft Office Word counter. You must answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the District Leadership Program?
- What does it mean to be an intern and what are the skills that make you the ideal candidate?
- What are you expecting from your eventual supervisor?
- You must submit all documents attached to your application. If any document is missing, the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be evaluated.
- Professional resume
- Letter from school official (dean, head of department, advisor, etc) – to verify that you are enrolled and a student in good standing. It must include your current grade point average
- Letter from a professor (current) – to support your application as a viable candidate for this leadership program
- Well written 1000 words essay ( one word document). Include your name, questions, and answers.)
- Submit four references with full name, email address, and telephone number
- All ‘eligible’ applicants will experience the following screening:
- Telephone interview
- Essay will be evaluated for content, structure, logic, grammar, etc
- The highest ranked applicants will go through a final evaluation during the week of May 23rd. This final evaluation process will be phone interviews by leaders of agencies throughout the District of Columbia Government who will host selected applicants.
The Government of the District of Columbia values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Government of the District of Columbia.