District employees have access to a new and exclusive financial wellness program: Financially Fit DC at Work!
Financially Fit DC at Work convenes all the benefits, services, tools and training available to District Government employees and their families, such as:
- Retirement Option and Plans
- DC College Savings Plan
- DC Unclaimed Property
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP)
Financially Fit DC at Work is part of the National Association of State Treasurers grant award to promote financial literacy education to District employees.
Join now and see all the benefits and programs available to you: Financially Fit DC at Work.
Did You Know
After you register, you can take the opportunity to win prizes* by completing different activities along your financially fit journey, such as:
- Complete an employee survey at AtWork.FinanciallyFitDC.com.
- Attend a Retirement Plans seminar by registering at www.DCRetire.com or by clicking here.
- Making Your Money Last in Retirement
- Investing in Volatile Markets
- 529 Savings Plan
- Attend one of the Open Enrollment webinars with MissionSquare or DISB. You can join the webinars through: https://dchr.dc.gov/node/1505396.
- Register for Virtual one-on-one appointment with your local Retirement Plans Specialist. To schedule an appointment, go to www.DCRetire.com and click on register under “Appointments” or by clicking here.
Register and complete an intake questionnaire at AtWork.FinanciallyFitDC.com. Complete registration and intake questionnaire will give you one (1) entry.
Earn Discovery Badge at AtWork.FinanciallyFitDC.com. Earn a Discovery Badge to receive one (1) entry.
Attend a virtual online seminar. Each session attended will give you one (1) entry.
Attend a Virtual one-on-one appointment with your local Retirement Plans Specialist. A completed appointment gives you one (1) entry.
Two (2) Apple iPad Grand-Prizes
Ten (10) Apple AirPods
Twenty-Five (25) $50 Gift Cards
Twenty-Five (25) $25 Gift Cards
This Month's Event: Estate Planning w/ Financially Fit DC at Work
- Friday, December 9, 2022 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Register here to join the session.
- Download and share the event flyer.
Do not miss an opportunity to find new and different opportunities to plan for a secure financial future. Participate in as many events as possible this year to maximize your financial wellness.
* Download the full list of events by clicking on the image above.
- Common Sense Finance: Finance for Individuals and Entrepreneurs
- The Tools & Techniques of Employee Benefit and Retirement Planning, 12th Edition
MissionSquare Retirement Education Center: Retirement Education Center
- How to Pay off Debt
- Saving for Retirement Worksheets
- Social Security Decisions
- Match a Roth IRA with your 457 Plan
- Market Risk and Return
- Market Volatility
- Rebalance Your Investments to Manage Risk
- Critical Ages for Retirement Planning
Budgeting & Organizing your Finances
- Juggling Your Financial Goals (MissionSquare webinar)
- Building your Investment Portfolio (MissionSquare webinar)
- Student Loan Paydown (MissionSquare webinar)
- 401a & 457b Educational Seminar (MissionSquare webinar)
How to Plan for your Retirement
- Your Retirement Plans Work Together (MissionSquare webinar)
- Estate Planning (MissionSquare webinar)
- Social Security (MissionSquare webinar)
How to Plan for your Retirement:
Article: 5 Common Retirement Planning Mistakes -- And How To Avoid Them by Kelli Click