How to Enroll
- AFLAC Cancer Insurance, Hospital Confinement, Personal Sickness, Personal Accident and Specify Health Event
- 529 College Savings Plan
DC Employee Benefits Guide
This guide provides comprehensive information about your benefits as a DC Government employee.
How to Enroll Guide
Step-by-step instructions with screenshots on how to enroll in your DC Government benefits through Employee Self Service (ESS).
DC Government Benefits Enrollment Checklist
Takes you through each action item in the enrollment process to ensure your enrollment is complete to the best of your ability.
Step-by-step instructions for adding and/or changing beneficiaries to applicable DC Government benefits.
Illustrated one-page guide to help employees make sense of their paycheck.
Qualified Life Events
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption
- A dependent that becomes ineligible for coverage
- Death of your dependent
- Loss/gain of coverage elsewhere for employee or spouse/domestic partner
- Change in work status for you or your spouse/domestic partner
Dependent Eligibility Verification
If you add family members to your coverage, you are required to provide documentation to verify coverage eligibility for the dependents that you add during the Open Enrollment process. When you enroll online, you must also submit dependent eligibility verification. Failure to comply will result in a cancelation of health care coverage for that dependent.