Registration is now open
The District of Columbia’s Department of Human Resources (DCHR) announces #DCIsHiring, #DCHiresVets career fair on Thursday, November 9, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G Street NW, Washington DC. Participating District Government agencies, partnering private sector companies, and partnering non-profit organizations will make on-the-spot job offers for available opportunities in several industries. Offers that cannot be made on-the-spot will be made within weeks after the event pending any required suitability prescreening requirements.
The event is free and individuals wishing to participate will be required to preregister. During registration, candidates may elect up to 2 positions to be considered for. Registrants will still be able to visit ALL participating hiring entities. Pending a resume review and qualifications assessment, candidates identified with matching backgrounds will be invited back to the event by the agency they have applied to.
Applicants will have the option of claiming additional preference(s), see below for a comprehensive list. Verification of the preference will be verified upon entry to the event. For a list of acceptable documents, please visit the District of Columbia Department of Human Resources website.
- A District resident. For additional details on qualifications click here.
- Anyone claiming District residency preference at the time of application should bring a DC government-issued form of identification and/or a combination of four substitute proofs of residency. For more information on how to prove residency please refer to the District’s Personnel Manual.
- A Veteran, Spouse of a Veteran, or eligible Survivor. For additional details on qualifications click here.
- For additional information on required documentation to claim this preference, click here.
- 18 to 21 years of age and is currently or was a Child and Family Services (CFSA) foster care recipient within the last five years. For additional details on qualifications click here.
- Applicants claiming a foster care preference will need a letter or other documentation from CFSA or the Family Court of D.C. Superior Court showing that they are currently in foster care or showing the date they left court supervision.
Participating Hiring Entities
Pre-Registration: Friday, October 27, 2023, 12:00 p.m. – Thursday, November 9, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
Available Event Time Slots:
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Vets, Spouses of Vets ONLY.
- 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – General Public
Martin Luther King Memorial Library
901 G Street, NW
Washington DC 20003