Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.



Request for Retirement Annuity Computation for Civil Service Retirement Form

Thursday, September 19, 2019

How to Apply for Voluntary Civil Service Retirement

*Please Note: If you are an employee of an Independent Agency not under the Mayor's authority, you must contact your agency Human Resources Advisor to request a Retirement Annuity Computation for Civil Service Retirement.

  • Complete the online form here Online CSRS Computation Form 60 days before your retirement.
    • You can only withdraw your retirement application 10 business days before the effective date of separation.
    • Please Note: December 31 and January 1-3 are the most popular dates to retire. If you plan to retire on any of these dates, you should submit your retirement application as soon as possible.
  • If you need to obtain your records of federal service, service credit deposit receipts or proof of military service, please do so before scheduling an appointment with the DCHR Benefits and Retirement Administration.
  • Check with the Social Security Administration to determine if you will be eligible for benefits.
  • Notify your supervisor that you plan to retire by providing an official note of the retirement date and send to the DCHR Benefits and Retirement Administration.
  • Annuity payments are handled by the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM). This process can take up to 120 days to receive the initial payment. Applications are typically transmitted to OPM within 10 business days of the effective date of retirement.


DCHR Benefits & Retirement Administration
[email protected]